Does the main train station in KL (KL Sentral) have a place to lock up large pieces of luggage? Yes, we have luggage storage available here in KL Sentral, the main transportation hub in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Dr. Locker is the operator and the rental price for the luggage storage ranges between RM10 and RM50 per day depending on the sizes.
Outdated information regarding Luggage Storage in KL Sentral
There are several out-dated information you can find on the internet.
Previously, there are several luggage storage options in KL Sentral, but this is not true anymore.
Matang luggage which is previously located at Level 2 opposite of KTM Intercity ticket counter no longer available. Madam’s keeper which is previously located at Level 1 opposite of Mc Donalds no longer available.
- Dr. Locker is the only luggage storage service left in KL Sentral. Available on Level 1 and 2 in KL Sentral.
Dr. Locker Luggage Storage System in KL Sentral
Luggage Storage Locations
Dr. Locker services are located at several locations on Level 1 and Level 2 in KL Sentral. (See the map above for the exact locations)
Luggage Storage Features
These are automated lockers that are operated based on high-tech facial recognition (camera) and thumbprint.
Luggage Storage Sizes and Price
The lockers are available in three sizes and here is the rental cost for a day (24 hours):
|Sizes||Locker Price/fees (per day)|
|MEDIUM – 2 Sizes||RM20 or RM30|
- For each payment, the locker’s door will only open twice (2): one for you to deposit or store your belongings, and one for you to collect your belongings.
- There is no way to check the exact size of the locker until you open them, so be careful that the size of the locker might not be enough.
How to use the Dr. Locker luggage storage system?
- First, choose your preferred language and select “Deposit” by tapping on the Dr. Locker control panel.
- Next, you need to select the available (empty) locker on the screen. Available lockers will be labelled in Green while occupied lockers will be labelled as Red.
- After that, you will then require to take a picture of yourself in front of the built-in camera and scan your thumbprint into the system. Pay the full amount of fees and the locker door will open for you automatically.
The steps are pretty straightforward, so don’t worry and follow the detailed instructions on the locker control panel. It will guide you on how to operate them.
However, if you still can’t figure out how to operate the electronic lockers, feel free to reach out the available Dr. Locker’s staff member on Level 2 to help out.
Summary Dr. Locker
based on 261 customer reviews
Dr. Locker is the only luggage storage available in KL Sentral. The lockers are located at several locations on Level 1 and Level 2 in KL Sentral.
Searching for a budget hotel near KL Sentral? Book a bunk bed at PODs Backpacker home, with just RM30, you will get:
- Locker to keep your stuff safe
- Free continental breakfast
- A bed to lay on
- Free WiFi
- Electrical plug & USB ports to charge your phone
- A refreshing hot shower with towel provided