The KLIA Ekspres performs non-stop train service between the airport (KLIA & KLIA2) and KL Sentral in the Kuala Lumpur city with a total journey time of only 33 minutes. With the high-speed KLIA Ekspres trains offering frequent departures, travelling between the Kuala Lumpur city and the KLIA / KLIA2 Airport is a breeze. The KLIA Ekspres train accommodates frequent departure with a frequency of every 15 minutes during peak hours and every 20 minutes during off-peak hours.
This is probably your fastest ride to the city! With frequent departures and only 33 minutes from the new terminal to KL Sentral Train Station in the city, the KLIA Ekspres is claimed to be the fastest airport transfer in Kuala Lumpur.
- Fast airport transfer: The KLIA Ekspres will take just 33 minutes from KLIA2 to KL Sentral (1 stop), while the KLIA Transit will take 39 minutes (4 stops).
- Convenient inter-terminal transfer: All the trains between KLIA2 and the city will make a brief stop at KLIA. If your flight connection requires you to go from KLIA to KLIA2 or vice versa, just hop on any one of our trains. Your inter-terminal journey will only take 3 minutes.
- No difference in fares: Fares from KLIA2 (to other stations) will be the same as fares from KLIA! The inter-terminal fare between KLIA and KLIA2 is just MYR2.
- Easy access to the KLIA2 terminal: KLIA Ekspres station at KLIA2 will be located within the Gateway@KLIA2 complex which also accommodates all other public transport serving KLIA2.
KLIA Ekspres Train Times
Whether you are catching a flight or making your daily commute to work, our regular and frequent train departures give you the flexibility to plan your time.
Seat reservation is not required. Boarding is on a first-come-first-served basis. Please allow ample time to reach your destination. Schedules are subject to change.
KLIA Ekspres train schedule (Click to enlarge)
Airport (KLIA2) to city (KL Sentral)
|Station||First Train||Last Train|
City (KL Sentral) to airport (KLIA2)
|Station||First Train||Last Train|
- Every 15 minutes – peak hours: Sun to Fri 06:00-09:00 hrs, 16:00-22:00 hrs (approximate)
- Every 20 minutes – off-peak hours: Sun to Fri 05:00-06:00 hrs, 09:00-16:00 hrs, 22:00-00:00 hrs (approximate); Sat all day
- Every 30 minutes – after midnight
Journey Duration & Fares
|ERL Station||Duration||Adult / Child Fare (RM)|
|↑||KLIA2||33 mins||55.00 / 25.00|
|↑||KLIA||28 mins||55.00 / 25.00|
|↑||KLIA Ekspres from KL Sentral Station|
Buy KLIA Ekspres Ticket Online with Discounts
What’s better, you can purchase a QR code for direct access at the same time enjoy RM7 when you purchase your KLIA Ekspres ticket via Klook. The cheapest ticket agent in town!
2. KLIA Ekspres Official website
Get RM5.50 OFF when you buy your KLIA Ekspres tickets online via the Official KLIA Ekspres Website, through the mobile app or the self-service kiosk.
If you are looking for ultimate savings, buy KLIA Ekspres via BusOnlineTicket.com to save RM5.
Booking KLIA Ekspres tickets from the website only cost from RM50 per way (Normal Price:
Routes available for KLIA Ekspres train:
Enjoy Traveling with KLIA Ekspres
The KLIA Ekspres is the fastest train transit in Southeast Asia which will get you to the airport on time. Besides, your journey will be one of the best and enjoyable one. Here are some of the features you will enjoy when you travel on KLIA Ekspres train.
- 99.7% on-time performance record
- Free porter service by porters who will help you with loading and unloading of your luggage (KLIA and KL Sentral stations)
- A fleet of modern high-speed trains ensuring a safe, smooth and quiet journey
- Overhead racks for hand luggage and tiered racks for large-size luggage
- 4G WiFi
- Onboard Info screen featuring news, weather, entertainment, and travel information
Check-in at KL Sentral, avoid the airport rush
Avoid the airport rush and check in at KL Sentral instead. Malaysia Airlines, Cathay Pacific Airways/Cathay Dragon and Malindo Air provide city centre check-in service which is offered exclusively to KLIA Ekspres and KLIA Transit passengers. You only need to have a valid train ticket to use the facility.
For flight check-in at KL Sentral, proceed to the KLIA Ekspres Departure Hall, located within the KL City Air Terminal. When you check in your luggage and collect your flight boarding pass at KL Sentral, your luggage will be tagged to your destination and automatically transferred to your flight at KLIA. You are now free to squeeze in last-minute errands or shopping in the city before boarding your train for the airport!
The minimum check-in time is 2 hours before your flight departure time (or 1½ hrs for domestic flights without checked baggage). Please check with your airline directly for counter operation hours and check-in time requirements. Baggage allowance is as per your airline policy.
Malaysia Airlines and Malindo Air have their own Ticket Sales Office in the Departure Hall at KL Sentral.
KLIA Ekspres VIP Service
The VIP Service combines the efficiency of the KLIA Ekspres train with the personalised service of a chauffeur-driven executive limousine to give you an exclusive door-to-door transfer. Whether it is to the hotel, home, office or hospital, you can be assured of a smooth and reliable journey while travelling in style, fit for a VIP.
- Meet & Greet Service – at Baggage Reclaim Hall level 3, KLIA.
- Dedicated Porter – all the way from the Baggage, Reclaim Hall, onboard the train to KL Sentral Station.
- Chauffeur-driven Executive Limousine – to your final destination.
Watch the video below:
You might want to read the article “how to travel from KL Sentral to KLIA2“.