For any ETS ticket in between 13 to 26 January 2021, you may cancel and get a refund by providing the following details via KTMB Facebook messenger:
- Date of traveling
- Ticket ID & Reference ID
- No. PNR
KTMB official Facebook link: https://www.facebook.com/ktmberhad/
You can cancel your KTMB ETS ticket any time, however, the refund percentage will be different according to your cancellation timing. You can get up to 75% refund when you cancel your KTMB ETS ticket at least 72 hours prior to the train departure time. Here is the complete guide to check for you refund percentage:
- If ticket(s) is cancelled more than 72 hours prior to train departure time, your refund is 75%.
- If ticket(s) is cancelled less than 72 hours prior to train departure time, your refund is 50%.
- If amendment ticket(s) is cancelled at any time prior to train departure time, your refund is 50%.
- If e-ticket/mobile apps ticket(s) is cancelled less than 4 hours prior to train departure time, your refund is 0%.
- If ticket(s) is cancelled after train departure time, your refund is 0%.
- If train service is cancelled by KTMB or train service has been delayed for more than 2 hours from the origin station and guest are not willing to continue their journey
- Guest are allowed to amend the departure time or date once (amendment on Shuttle Tebrau train ticket is not allowed) or;
- Guest are allowed to request for full refund and ticket must be canceled at the origin station before train depart.
If Payment made by Credit Card / Online Banking
The refunded amount will be credited into card holder’s original account within 30 days from the cancellation date done – if payment made by credit card.
Cancellation can be done at KTM Intercity/ETS counter or selected Commuter stations. For e-ticket/mob apps ticket cancellation, original or photocopy IC/passport of the passengers need to be presented at the counter.
You will need to fill in the ETS Ticket Cancellation and Refund form. Request the form from the KTMB counter.
Then, you will receive an ETS ticket cancellation receipt.
If you purchase ETS Ticket from an Online ETS Agent
For e-ticket purchase via KTMB’s authorized agent, guest must claim the refund from the said agent – cancellation must be done at any KTM Intercity/ETS counter to obtain cancellation receipt.
Should you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact KTMB Contact Center at +603 – 2267 1200 from 0700hrs – 2200hrs daily.